There are many benefits to fine art boudoir photography that you may not think of at first. Which is understandable, if you have never done a session for yourself how would you know? These are my top 5 hidden benefits every woman should know about doing a fine art boudoir session.
But, before we jump into that, a little heads up. You are going to see this acronym, FAB, it stands for Fine Art Boudoir, just remember. You can't spell fabulous without FAB!
Now, onto the list.
1. Self Empowerment- Doing your own FAB photo shoot is a perfect opportunity to empower yourself. You may be thinking, "but I am super nervous, how am I going to do this?" I would like to remind you that the first step is the hardest part. Signing up for your own session can certainly be scary but if you keep going you will keep growing, doing your own photo shoot is giving yourself the power to do what you want and to push yourself to new heights.
2. Boost in Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem- Everyone suffers from a lack of confidence and self-esteem from time to time. One thing is for sure though, no one has ever looked at a beautiful photo of themselves and thought, "WOW, I LOOK GREAT! Aww, now I feel worse." That just doesn't happen. FAB photography is all about embracing what makes you who you are. Letting the best parts of your body and personality and sexuality shine. Couple that with a photographer who specializes in bringing out your best and it is a guaranteed way to give yourself a great boost in self-confidence and self-esteem.
3. Body Positivity- All bodies are beautiful, yours included. Doing your own photo shoot that celebrates your body and sexuality allows you to see yourself in a new light. We all can be hard on ourselves and I can promise you that it never once made anybody feel better. That is why on my set there is no negative self-talk allowed. We are focusing on the best of your body and personality. It allows you to relax and enjoy the experience. Lift yourself up instead of holding yourself down. Remember, the skin you're in is the only skin you need.
4. Everyone Can unlock their sexy side- Everyone can be sexy, but everyone doesn't have to define "sexy" in the same way. Some may find that what makes them feel sexy is their partner's favorite sports jersey and a pair of short shorts. Or maybe it is strutting to your favorite song wearing nothing but a pair of heels and a smile. You are free to be who you are in your session and encouraged to open up and let yourself explore what makes you feel confident, sexually aware and uniquely you.
5. A platform to build upon- During your session you will be pushed to have fun, celebrate and embrace yourself. But the most overlooked benefit to doing your own FAB shoot is that this is a platform. The goal ultimately is to lift you up out of where you were and put you in a positive place to grow from. Once you complete your session, you will know that yes you too can feel sexy, be confident and tackle the challenges you face. If you can pose nude in your own photo session, what is stopping you from doing anything else you want to do? Want a new job? Want a new life? Make it happen, you can do what you set your mind to, just like in your FAB session.